NYC Prosecutors Seek Only Probationary Sentence for Cops who Beat Black Teen in Bronx Alley

Just do what you're told brother. The refinement of white supremacy requires the use of racial shadowboxing, wherein Black people programmed in service of white domination are put in high places to do the work of racists. In the criminal justice system, the deceptive result is the appearance of justice. Here, Bronx District Attorney Robert T. Johnson stands behind racist suspect Raymond Kelly. Recently, brother Johnson also sought no charges for guards at Rikers Island who strapped 2 inmates to gurneys, took them to a clinic in a mental health unit and beat them so badly "that blood splattered the walls" and witnesses described feeling sick to their stomachs. [MORE]

From [HERE] Two police officers were convicted on Monday of misdemeanor attempt assault in the 2011 beating of a Black teenager in an alley near their Bronx police precinct station house, the district attorney’s office said. The two officers, Jose Ocasio and Joseph Murphy, were seen on surveillance video punching and kicking the teenager, Tyre Davis, in the head, face and body shortly after 3 a.m. on Feb. 18, 2011.

The video, uncovered in the course of an Internal Affairs Bureau investigation into the assault, helped lead to the conviction of both Officer Ocasio, 31, and Officer Murphy, 29, on charges of attempted assault, a misdemeanor, and harassment, a violation.

The Bronx district attorney, Robert T. Johnson, will ask for probation for the officers at their sentencing next month, his office said.

Earlier on the night of the assault, Mr. Davis, who was 17 at the time, had been arrested and charged with disorderly conduct stemming from "blocking street traffic", prosecutors said.

Inside the 46th Precinct station house, near the Grand Concourse, Mr. Davis argued with both Officer Ocasio, who arrested him that night, and Officer Murphy, who prosecutors said had had contact with Mr. Davis the week before.

After Mr. Davis was given a summons and released, the officers followed him down the block and around a corner into an alley at 210 East 181st Street. It was there that a surveillance video camera recorded the assault, which left the teenager with swelling and abrasions to his face and head. He returned home and told his mother about the attack; she reported it to the police.

His lawyer in his civil lawsuit claims the officers beat the teen "with a level of viciousness and bodily disregard that most people would not use against a dog." [MORE] The teen said, one punched him in the right ear, the other in the forehead. He said he fell and hit his head on a brick wall during the 30-second attack. "I thought I was going to die," he said. [MORE]